GCSE Psychology AQA A
What is involved in the course?
The specification is designed to:
- Encourage students to engage with the subject. By introducing new, contemporary topics
- Generate practical classroom activities
- Make conceptually demanding areas more accessible by setting them in context
- Allow teachers to select a route through the optional topics that suit their students’ interests
- Allow candidates to demonstrate the ability to utilise scientific methodology in the context of psychology
- Develop candidates’ critical thinking skills
AS Outline: Two examined units amounting to 50% of the total AS Mark. 25% of the total A2 marks for each unit. 1 hour 30 minutes per exam
- PSYA1 – Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology and research methods
- PSYA2 – Biological Psychology, Social Psychology and individual differences
A2 Outline: Two examined units amounting to 50% of the total A level mark.
- PSYA3 – Topics in Psychology (exam: 1 hour 30 minutes)
- PSYA4 – Psychopathology, Psychology in action and Research Methods. (exam: 2 hours)
Market research, social work, teaching, nursing, advertising, sales, media & broadcasting. Personnel management and even the police and armed forces